Students pursuing the Associate of Arts and Sciences degree have the option to receive a degree with Emphasis: a concentration of coursework in a given discipline or in more than one discipline, in the case of an interdisciplinary emphasis.
Consider the following benefits of earning an emphasis:
- Expand your knowledge and skills in areas of personal, professional and academic interest.
- Focus your first two years of study.
- Get an opportunity to “test drive” an academic major for your bachelor's degree.
- Enhance your resume career advancements, personal enrichment and more job opportunities.
UW-Marathon County offers the following emphases (the links will take you to the emphasis pages in the Catalog):
- Biological Sciences
- Communication Arts
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- Health Science
- Political Science
- Theatre Arts
- Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies
Students declaring an emphasis can do so at any time after enrollment, but no later than the beginning of their final semester before receiving their degree so that it can be noted officially.