- Average enrollment: 840
- 54% full-time; 46% part-time
- 25% students age 22+
Top five high schools for new first-year students are: Wausau West, D.C. Everest, Wausau East, Merrill and Marathon.
- 89% have Ph.Ds or the highest degree in their field
- 21 is the average class size
Faculty want you to succeed and encourage you to visit them in their offices to answer questions, explore your ideas or just to chat.
Getting involved is a big part of college life! UW-Stevens Point at Wausau has:
- 20+ student organizations
- 5 intercollegiate sports teams
- 1 fieldhouse with fitness center, pool, gym & racquetball courts
- 1 residence hall with activities that promote friendships
- 2 art buildings open long hours
- 78 acre Marathon Park adjacent to campus, with hiking/biking trail, baseball diamonds, skating and curling rinks
- close to downhill and cross-country skiing, lakes, shopping mall, grocery stores and restaurants
As a first-year student, you will have the opportunity to:
- star in theatre productions
- run the student government
- attend music events, interesting lectures and panels
- be on staff of the student newspaper or literary magazine
Easy to Get Around
Our main academic building includes:
- student union and bookstore
- library and theater
- planetarium and greenhouse
- computer and tutoring labs
- campus cafeteria and dining rooms
- classrooms and offices
UWMC also has two art buildings, a fieldhouse, the residence hall and a theatre/classroom/office building.
- UW-Stevens Point at Wausau is the only two-year UW campus with a traditional residence hall.
- Marathon Hall houses over 160 students in a living-learning environment that promotes social and life skills.
- Campus Dining Services offers several meal plan options for UW-Stevens Point at Wausau students, faculty, staff and those living in our residence hall.