Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services (including UW's Resource Sharing) can provide you with books, journal articles, videos and recordings that are unavailable in our library. After you have identified an item that you need, select one of the following options for placing your request:
Requesting Items from other UW schools
- Locate your item through the UW Colleges Library Catalog.
- Click on the title of the item you want to request. You are now in the item record.
- With the item record on your screen, choose the Request This Item button at the top of the screen.
- Enter your UW Colleges ID Number/Barcode and your last name and click on Login.
- Select OK below the box that states Request from another UW Colleges Library.
- Select UW-Marathon Circ Desk as the pick up location.
- Enter your ID number again.
- Select Submit Request.
When will I be able to pick up my requested item?
Normally, it takes two to four weekdays for an item to arrive.
It is very important that you select the UW-Marathon County campus as a pickup location, otherwise your item could take much longer to get here.
When it arrives, you will receive an email indicating that it is available to be checked out. Then you can collect it at the library circulation desk with your student ID or driver's license.
Requesting articles or any item not owned in the UW System
If you come across an item that is not available within the UW System (such as something found in Google or Amazon), you will need to submit a request using the Interlibrary Loan Request Form (ILLiad system).
- Choose the link stating "Login here with your UW Colleges username and password" and login.
- On the next page under New Request, select the type of item you want (Article, Book...). This will take you to a form where you will enter the citation information.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Submit Request.
When will I receive my requested item?
- Articles are delivered to you electronically through your campus email address and generally arrive within a few days.
- If you requested a book or other item, these may be picked up at the circulation desk. It generally takes two to ten days to receive an item.
Requesting database articles that are not available in full text
If you were searching in a database for articles and discovered that some have no link to the full text, you will need to submit a request using the ILLiad system.
- Click on the Find It button on the article’s record
- Sign in to the catalog in the upper right corner
- Choose "UW Colleges students/staff login here" and log in with your campus username and password
- Then select the "Get It" tab
- Then click on "We can get it for you (ILL)" and choose the button for UW College institutional login
- On the next page, the citation information should be automatically entered.
- At the bottom of the page, click Submit Request.
When will I receive my requested items?
Articles will be sent electronically to you through your campus email usually within a few days.
If you have any questions about placing a request or difficulties connecting to a form, please contact Renee Wallin (715)261-6218.