Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services (including "universal borrowing") can provide you with books, journal articles, videos and recordings that are unavailable in our library. After you have identified an item that you need, select one of the following option for placing your request:
Retrieving your ID Number
Enter the last 10 digits of your student ID number. Find these digits at the bottom of your UWMC Student ID Card or by looking up your student account.
If you have a UWMC ID Card, your ID/Barcode number is at the bottom of your card. If you do not have an ID card, please contact the library to obtain your ID/Barcode number.
Requesting Items from other UW schools
- Locate your item through the UW Colleges Library Catalog.
- Click on the title of the item you want to request. You are now in the item record.
- Check that UW-Marathon does not own the item.
- The item’s status must be "available".
- With the item record on your screen, choose the Request This Item button at the top of the screen.
- Enter your UW Colleges ID Number/Barcode and your last name and click on Login.
- Select OK below the box that states Request from another UW Colleges Library.
- Select UW-Marathon Circ Desk as the pick up location.
- Enter your ID number again.
- Select Submit Request.
When will I be able to pick up my requested item?
Normally, it takes two to four weekdays for an item to arrive.
It is very important that you select the Marathon campus, otherwise your item could take much longer to get here.
When it arrives, you will receive an email indicating that it is available to be checked out. Then you can collect it at the library circulation desk with your student ID.
Requesting articles or any item not owned in the UW System
If you come across an item that is not available within the UW system (such as something found in Google or Amazon), you will need to submit a request using the Interlibrary Loan Request Form (ILLiad system).
- You will be asked to type in your student ID number and last name.
- On the next page under New Request, select the type of item you want (Article, Book...). This will take you to an interface where you will enter the citation information.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Submit Request.
When will I receive my requested item?
- Articles are delivered to you electronically through your campus email address and generally arrive within a few days.
- If you requested a book or other item, these may be picked up at the circulation desk. It generally takes two to ten days to receive an item.
Requesting articles that are not available in full text
If you were searching in a database for an article and discovered that there was no link to the full text, you will need to submit a request using the ILLiad system.
- Click on the Find It button toward the bottom of the article’s record, then select Request this item via the Interlibrary Loan Office.
- You will need to enter your ID number, last name, and select Marathon County.
- On the next page, the citation information should be automatically entered.
- At the bottom of the page, click Submit Request.
When will I receive my requested items?
Articles will be sent electronically to you through your campus email usually within a few days.