Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services (including UW's Resource Sharing) can provide you with books, journal articles, videos and recordings that are unavailable in our library. After you have identified an item that you need, select one of the following options for placing your request:
Requesting Items from other UW schools
- Locate your item through Search@UW
- Click on the "Get It" link under the title of the item you want to request
- Click on the yellow "Sign-in for more options" button to log in to your account
- Choose either the "Colleges Request" or "UW System Request" link
- Make sure "Pickup/Delivery Location" says UW-Marathon County
- Click on the orange request button to submit your request
When will I be able to pick up my requested item?
Normally, it takes two to four weekdays for an item to arrive. It is very important that you select the UW-Marathon County campus as a pickup location, otherwise your item could take much longer to get here.
When it arrives, you will receive an email indicating that it is available to be checked out. Then you may then collect it at the library circulation desk with your student ID or driver's license.
Requesting articles and other items not owned in the UW System
If you come across an item that is not available within the UW System (such as something found in Google or Amazon), you will need to submit a request using the Interlibrary Loan Request Form (ILLiad system).
- Choose the link stating "Login here with your UW Colleges username and password" and login.
- On the next page under New Request, select the type of item you want (Article, Book...). This will take you to a form where you will enter the citation information.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Submit Request.
When will I receive my requested item?
- Articles are delivered to you electronically through your campus email address and generally arrive within a few days.
- If you requested a book or other item, these may be picked up at the circulation desk. It generally takes two to ten days to receive an item.
Requesting database articles that are not available in full text
If you are searching in a database for articles and discover some have no link to the full text, you will need to submit a request using the ILLiad system.
- Click on the "Find It" button on the article’s record
- Select the "Request a copy via Interlibrary Loan" link
- Log in with your Colleges Network Username (same login as PRISM, D2L, email, etc...)
- Form should be automatically filled in with the article's citation information, but if it isn't copy and paste it into the appropriate fields
- Cick on the "Submit Request" button at bottom of the page
When will I receive my requested items?
Articles will be sent electronically to you through your campus email usually within a few days.
If you have any questions about placing a request or difficulties connecting to a form, please contact Renee Wallin (715)261-6218.