College of the Emeriti
If you are over fifty, you are invited to become a member in UWMC’s College of the Emeriti learning society. The College was established in 1987, and is an economical plan with several benefits to meet the educational needs of adults age 50 and over.
We are proud to pledge the University’s resources to this program which supports the concept of learning as a lifelong pursuit. As a member you have the opportunity to enhance your personal growth through creative use of your time in a stimulating, intellectual and friendly campus atmosphere.
Registration form & brochure
Watch the Good Ideas 2013 General Sessions
- Free participation in the annual "Good Ideas: A University Experience for Adults", a three day enrichment program in early January. It offers a taste of campus life with an array of workshops and lectures.
- Free admission to one continuing education class per year (certain courses are excluded) and reduced rates on other courses.
- Free admission to the "Soapbox Series", faculty lectures held monthly throughout the school year.
- Reduced admission to all UWMC Lecture and Fine Arts events.
- Free use of the UWMC pool and library during scheduled hours and
access to the cafeteria.
- Use of the fitness center for a small user fee and if prerequisites are met.
Annual membership fee: $59.00
Informal lectures are scheduled at the beginning of each month during the academic year.
- Thursday, April 4, 10 am, Terrace Room
Matters of Taste and Why Taste Matters with Jason Siegel
- Wednesday, May 1, 10 am, Terrace Room
A (Canadian) Psychologist’s Perspective on the American Dream with Chris Wilbur
Join us in this adventure in lifelong learning by calling the UWMC Continuing Education Office at (715) 261- 6294.