A Vital Example of the Wisconsin Idea
The boundaries of the University are the boundaries of the state.
UW Center for Civic Engagement
625 Stewart Avenue
Wausau, WI 54401
Programs located in the UW Center for Civic Engagement are:
- Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service (WIPPS)
- Wisconsin Public Radio
- Continuing Education
- UWMC Theatre Program
Public dialogue through the Kettering Foundation’s National Issues Forums and discussions on current important topics.
The building is intended to be the hub of outreach and public scholarship in:
- Service learning for students to become involved in the community
- Civic engagement aimed at building community on campus and throughout the area
- Radio programming that provides intellectual stimulation and enlightening entertainment
- Life-long learning through credit and non-credit instruction for ages youth through +55
- A variety of production experiences, ranging from musical comedy to innovative contemporary drama, that link to the larger campus curriculum and make a valuable contribution to the broader community discussion of vital ideas and issues.