We continue to offer many new exciting classes as well as some traditional favorites. Out teachers come from local school districts and UWMC, and are well qualified & eager to share their excitement on the subject matter.
Our programs are designed to:
- Stimulate intellectual curiosity
- Encourage creativity
- Instill confidence
- Develop problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Encourage interaction with knowledgeable, enthusiastic scholars
- Be fun & hands-on
College for Kids
College for Kids is a special summer enrichment program for children grades K-6. Classes ranging from art to chemistry to living history to foreign languages are available each year!
Middle School University
Middle School University stimulates creativity and gives students an opportunity to develop their interest and abilities in a broad range of in-depth exploratory classes and activities. Each class is a hands-on learning experience taught by credentialed instructors.
The Wizarding Academy includes fun activities such as trivia, Quidditch, art, writing, movies, and projects! Come play Harry Potter Rock Band! Houses will showcase their musical talents in song-writing, instrument-craftsmanship, and lyrical composition in a battle for the House Cup!
Visit the Department of Public Instruction's Upward Bound website for more information.
Online Courses for Youth
Every Course Includes:
- Caring Instructor
- Monitored discussion area
- Easy to understand lessons
- Six weeks of instruction
- Complete online access
Sample titles include:
- Drawing for the Absolute Beginner
- Making Movies with Windows XP
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Photoshop Elements for the Digital Photographer
- Introduction to Alice 2.0 Programming
Details on any of these online courses and more can be found at ed2go.com/uwmcconed