4 Days, 3 nights
Sept 17 - Sept 20, 2017,
$579 per person
($79 deposit due at time of registration)
Discover the Apostle Islands’ - Learn about the history of this area; take in the sights and hop the ferry to the famous Madeline Island. Tour this adorable town and discover its rich history, travel back in time to view history at the Madeline Island Museum, walk the amazing yellow sand beaches and boardwalk at Big Bay Town Park. Explore the quaint streets of Bayfield, Wisconsin, to take in the unique shops. Enjoy the small and lively fishing town of Bayfield, Wisconsin, at the beautiful accommodations on the water’s edge at the Bayfield Inn. Come join us on this amazing adventure!
Sunday, Sept 17th - Departure, 11:3O AM from the UWMC
- A visit and tour at the Great Lakes Visitor Center.
- Check into the Bayfield Inn and enjoy a seasonal meal overlooking the lake!
Monday, Sept 18th
- Breakfast in the dining room overlooking the lake and marina!
- Enjoy a picnic box lunch and take the Grand Tour on the Apostle Island Cruises. The most popular cruise, the Grand Tour, takes you on a narrated, informative 55-mile scenic cruise. Throughout this memorable cruise, you will pass extraordinary natural scenery, beautiful historic Raspberry and Devils Island Lighthouse, standing rocks, extensive sea caves, and marine wildlife.
- Hop back on the bus and take a historic guided tour of the Bayfield area. Discover this charming port-town’s history as you weave up and down its hills and streets. You will visit: Erickson’s Orchard and Country Store, Hauser’s Superior View Farm and Winery, Apostle Island National Lakeshore headquarters and view the Lovely examples of Queen Anne style architecture.
- Dinner on your own at the many cute restaurants and eateries.
Tuesday, Sept 19th
- Enjoy breakfast overlooking the many sailing vessels in the marina!
- A ride on the ferry to Madeline Island (the only inhabited island in the chain). When we arrive, a local tour expert will hop on board our coach.
- Stop at the MADELINE ISLAND HISTORICAL MUSEUM. A 25-minute multi-media musical extravaganza illustrating Madeline’s colorful history and a guided tour of the museum carry the visitor through 3 centuries of Wisconsin’s history.
- Stop at BIG BAY TOWN PARK and picnic-boxed lunch. Enjoy the great outdoors on the most expansive, unspoiled, (and empty) beach in the region. Almost 2 miles of sand falling from a stand of white pine and beach grasses.
- Stop at the historic CATHOLIC MISSION CEMETERY. One of the many interesting landmarks!
- Stop at WOODS HALL CRAFT SHOP. A cooperative of weavers and other artists, it’s famous for hand-woven rugs. Dinner on your own.
Wednesday, Sept 20th
Final breakfast at our lovely hotel
Take in the shops in Bayfield before we depart.
Noon departure, stop in Minocqua for lunch on your own. Will be stopping at the Minocqua Brewing Company.
Arrival in Wausau, 5:00 PM
Trips make great gifts!
Broadway Show in Chicago!
Leave UWMC: 6:30 AM, Nov 11th
Lunch buffet - Signature Room,
95th floor - John Hancock Tower
2:00 PM Matinee,
Return: 6:00 PM, Nov 12th
Lunch, Theatre and Downtown Accommodations - $366
Plan your escape to see the new musical about the choices we make—and the people we become—once we’ve had a change in latitude. ESCAPE TO MARGARI-TAVILLE is the musical comedy getaway featuring both original songs and your most-loved JIMMY BUFFETT classics, including “Cheeseburger in Paradise,” and many more! Imagine a place where the sun is hot, the water’s warm, and the drinks are as cold as they are plentiful. Welcome to Margaretville, the island paradise where city folk get away from it all, and the locals get into the kind of trouble you can almost always sweet talk your way out of. More than a musical - It’s a way of life. A perfect get-a-way for girlfriends, couples or retirees! Breakfast included on Nov 12th.
Register online or make check payable to UW-Marathon County and mail to:
518 S. 7th Avenue
Wausau, WI 54401
For more information call: 715-261-6294