College of the Emeriti
If you are over the age of 50, you are invited to become a member in UWMC’s College of the Emeriti learning society. The College was established in 1987, and is an economical plan with several benefits to meet the educational needs of adults age 50 and over.
We are proud to pledge the University’s resources to this program which supports the concept of learning as a lifelong pursuit. As a member you have the opportunity to enhance your personal growth through creative use of your time in a stimulating, intellectual and friendly campus atmosphere.
- Free participation in the annual "Good Ideas: A University Experience for Adults,"a three day enrichment program in early January.
It offers a taste of campus life with an array of workshops and lectures.
- Free admission to one continuing education class per year (certain courses are excluded) and reduced rates on other courses.
- Free admission to the "Soapbox Series" faculty lectures held monthly throughout the school year.
- Free use of the UWMC pool and library during scheduled hours and access to the cafeteria.
- Use of the fitness center for a small user fee and if prerequisites are met.
Annual membership fee: $69.00
Learning in Retirement (LIR)
Learning in Retirement (LIR) at UWMC is a membership organization of retired adult learners providing an opportunity to share learning experiences and discover new joys. It is sponsored by UWMC Continuing Education, but governed by an all-volunteer steering committee. Discussions in LIR may incorporate field trip in our communities, keynote speakers or book discussions.
A LIR membership includes two sessions: Fall and Winter/Spring.
Membership Fee: $25