2013 -2014 MRC Board
Executive Director: Maa Vue
Student Board Members: Yee Leng Xiong, Janist Vue, Malee Lor, Mai Jou Chang, Bao Xiong, Teng Yang
Faculty & Staff Board Members: Joanne Giordano, Scott Sargent, Liberty Heidmann, Paul Martin, Colin Wang, Doug Hosler
What is the MRC?
The purpose of the Multicultural Resource Center is to educate, promote and provide services to build a supportive environment in which all students can develop a better understanding and appreciation for the multiculturalism in our community and beyond.
This is accomplished through programs that enhance the academic achievements of all students and the development of activities which promote cultural diversity, awareness, and understanding.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for information about various campus programs and events relating to multicultural interests.
- Develop programs and activities that value diverse life experiences.
- Acquaint students with the complex concept of diversity, which includes-but is not limited to: race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Educate students about certificate programs offered at UWMC (i.e. women's studies certificate, international studies certificate, and business certificate).
- Prepare students for success in a global society by providing educational outreach on transfer to other institutions and career information for a global society.
Phone: (715) 261-6353
Location: Room 176