New Student Registration Sessions
All new freshmen are required to attend a New Student Registration Session. The UW Placement Test must be completed a minimum of two weeks prior to the registration session.
At these sessions, students will be divided into small groups and taken to a computer lab. Once in the lab, students will be given a brief tutorial on UWMC’s record system, PRISM.
If a student will be 18 years of age by the day of their registration session, the PRISM tutorial will also include instructions for accepting the Financial Terms and Conditions.
If a student will not be at least 18 years old on the day of their registration session, they will be mailed a copy of the Financial Terms and Conditions for Minors one week prior to their session. This form must be completed by the student and parent and returned to the Student Affairs Office prior to or on the date of their registration session.
The students will then meet with an academic advisor, review placement test scores, and enroll in courses for the following semester.
These sessions are approximately 2 hours. As space in the computer labs is limited, any guests will be asked to wait for their students in a separate area.
Choosing your Registration Session
- Sign up for a Registration Session here
- Leave the Name portion blank
- Change Starts On to "Next 6 months"
- Change Location to "UW-Marathon County"
- Change Category to "Advising and Registration"
- Select the date and time that works best for you and click on “Register”
- You will receive a confirmation email.
Register for Classes 4 Easy Steps:
- If you have not yet completed 30 credits or would like help choosing courses, make an appointment with your academic advisor.
- Log in to PRISM.
- Read and accept the Financial Terms & Conditions.
- Enroll in courses.
The UW Colleges administrative website contains more information about:
- Adds, Drops and Late Registration
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Degree Verification
- Hold Policy
- Withdrawal Policy
For appointments with an advisor or for more information:
Call (715) 261-6235 or Toll-free 1-888-FOR-UWMC
For more information by e-mail: email@example.com