Working on campus is a good way to concentrate on your studies while earning money on the side. If you are employed at a campus job, you can work it into your class schedule. This will give you the flexibility that you need to be a successful college student.
Many times a campus job can fit your career interests and provide you with job experience in a particular field as well.
How to Apply
Hiring for the following positions usually takes place in August, although some positions may have openings throughout the year. Openings are listed with the position descriptions.
- Review the position descriptions and select the departments you'd like to work in.
- Print, complete and sign the Student Employment Application.
- To submit your application:
- Scan & e-mail to the department contact person* for the job (or jobs) you are applying for, or
- Drop it off at the Business Services Office, Room 224, or
- Mail to:
Attn: (insert department contact name here*)
518 S. 7th Ave.
Wausau, WI 54401
*Department contact names are listed in the position descriptions.
Student Employment FAQs
Why work on campus?
- Work schedules are flexible and take into consideration your class schedule.
- Wages are competitive with off-campus jobs.
- It only takes a few minutes (and no gas) to get to your job.
- Campus positions often fit your career goals.
Do I need to receive federal work/study money (financial aid) to apply?
Many of the departments only employ students who are receiving federal work/study because the federal government pays some of the wages.
For the work/study positions, you need to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be accepted before applying.
How do I apply for the campus positions?
See the Student Employment page for more information.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
For questions about the positions, call or e-mail the department contact for the positions that interest you.
For work/study (financial aid) questions, contact the UWMC Financial Aid Coordinator, 715-261-6240 or stop in the Student Affairs Office.
What do I do if I am hired?
- Fill out all the employment forms in the packet that you receive from your supervisor and return it to her/him.
- Arrange training and work schedule with your supervisor.