TRIO, a U.S. Department of Education grant-funded program, offers a wide range of support to eligible UWMC students, including ongoing advising, study skills coaching, and individualized math and writing instruction. TRIO provides a community of support on campus for students who want to be successful at the college level.
To be eligible for TRIO, students must be enrolled at UWMC and meet one of the eligibility criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has obtained a four-year degree)
- Meet certain income requirements (eligible for a Pell grant through financial aid)
- Have a documented learning or physical disability.
TRIO is not a one-size-fits-all program. We work with each individual student to provide the support and information you need to be successful at UWMC and transfer to a four-year campus.
- Individualized professional support in your math and English classes
- Academic and personal advising
- Financial aid advising and help with FAFSA and other scholarship applications
- Transfer advising and four-year campus visits
- Study skills coaching and advice about how to approach your classes
For more information about the TRIO program, please contact Miranda Gentry-Siegel at 715-261-6184.