The Learning Center offers free one-to-one writing instruction on both an appointment and walk in basis to any student who attends UWMC.
The Center is located in the Library and is open Monday through Friday, staffed with both professional writing instructors and student tutors.
The Learning Center also offers two courses that assist students through direct tutorials scheduled on a weekly basis.
- Receive help with English 098, 101, or 102
- Meet with an instructor for individual tutorials and work independently
- Earn 1, 2, or 3 non-degree credit hours
Sign up for English 099 when you take English 098, 101, or 102. Meet with a 099 teacher for weekly tutorials in the Writing Center. Receive help with 098, 101, or 102 assignments. Improve your writing with the help of a professional.
English 290 (Prerequisite English 101)
- Work on writing essays for history, sociology, botany, etc.
- Work on independent writing projects
- Meet with an instructor for individual tutorials, work independently
- Earn 1, 2, or 3 credit hours
Sign up for English 290 when you take a course (history, botany, political science, sociology, literature, journalism, etc.) that requires writing projects. Work with a 290 instructor to improve your writing on exams and papers in one of these courses. Or, work on an individual writing project. English 290 may be taken for honors credit and may be repeated.
For more information, contact:
Wausau Homes Learning Center Coordinator