UW-Marathon is the best start to a college degree and unlimited career opportunities.
UW-Marathon specializes in the first two years of a University of Wisconsin education that is accessible and affordable. We combine the advantages of a small college with the resources of the world-class University of Wisconsin System. After starting with us, you can transfer to any University of Wisconsin four-year campus or other university to complete your bachelor’s degree.
Why Choose UW-Marathon County?
- UW-Marathon faculty and staff are experienced in multicultural teaching and advising.
- UW-Marathon offers all Engineering classes on campus.
- The Multicultural Resource Club allows students to meet people from Wausau and around the world.
- Our campus is located within walking distance of downtown Wausau which provides an opportunity for shopping, eating at restaurants and attending cultural events.
- Our campus is centrally located with transportation access to Madison, Milwaukee, Minneapolis-St. Paul and Chicago.
We're located in Wausau, Wisconsin.
UW-Marathon County is a great place to complete your general studies and become acclimated to American culture! UW-Marathon is located in Wausau, Wisconsin. Wausau is a diverse and multicultural town, which has provided our staff and faculty years of experience in teaching and advising students from different backgrounds, nationalities, and languages.
We offer engineering classes on campus.
UW-Marathon County provides rigorous academics to prepare you for your future studies. We are one of the few UW Colleges to offer engineering classes on campus. You will be able to learn from a professor with a Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering! International students have participated in the Rocket Club, which built a rocket and participated in competitions around the state.
We support your academic success.
To provide academic support, UW-Marathon County offers English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for reading, writing and oral communication for international students with limited English proficiency. Free tutoring is available for all math and science courses. Students may also request a tutor for any other class on campus. In fact, there are opportunities for any student to become a tutor on campus! Because of our size, classes are small and offer one-on-one assistance from our dedicated professors and we provide the support to help you succeed.
About The International Program
Our program offers you the opportunity to earn an Arts and Science Associates Degree and complete the foundation courses for your bachelor’s degree in any major.
The International Program at our campus provides international students several advantages including:
- Unique Guaranteed Transfer Program ensures admission to the University of Wisconsin four-year campus of your choice, including the University of Wisconsin-Madison. You can start more than 200 majors and specialties. Our campus offers the courses you need to complete the first two years of your requirement towards a bachelor's degree.
- Earn an associate degree before earning your bachelor’s degree.
- University of Wisconsin Colleges campuses are located in smaller communities that are safe and friendly, so you can enjoy an authentic American experience and get to know American students.
- Small classes, so you receive one-on-one help.
- Personal attention from highly-qualified professors (85% have highest degree in their field).
- Assistance from an international student advisor to guide you through your American educational experience.
- Comprehensive orientation to help you adjust to life on your new campus.
- Strong university curriculum provides the foundation for more than 200 majors including engineering, business, finance, education and many more.
- Starting your University of Wisconsin education at the University of Wisconsin Colleges can save thousands of dollars compared to starting at the University of Wisconsin-Madison or another University of Wisconsin campus.
Chan Kwan Yin, Current Student, Hong Kong
"Class sizes at the University of Wisconsin-Marathon County are small so professors can take care of every student. The professors are eager to assist you in all aspects, including career and life planning. If I need help, I can stop by their offices often.
Professors and schoolmates are passionate and welcoming. They often invite me to their houses to celebrate American holidays like Thanksgiving. The warm welcome and support I received from local students when I arrived made me feel less nervous.
Wausau is a harmonious place to live and go to school. It is located in central Wisconsin so it is convenient to travel on weekends to other cities like Chicago and Minneapolis.
I am getting a great education and am making a lot of friends at UW-Marathon County!"